Seriously peeps, I have the best life.
This month I got to quilt for Tula Pink. Yes, THAT Tula Pink. It was some pretty exciting times.
Here is the finished quilt!
First things first though, there were 39 thread colours used in this quilt. I’m not 100% sure they are all in this picture, but that was the final number. Which is more than a bit crazy.
With so many awesome prints in the quilt, I wanted to make sure that the thread colour matched the colour of the fabric really well so that the thread doesn’t take away from the prints.
I decided to use lots of geometric lines, as well as swirls, ribbon candy, onion peel, and bubbles to create some different textures in the prints.
I wanted to make it look like a giant oval was floating behind the snakes, and in that section I used swirl soup in the oval, and a grid in the center and outside. (PS: If you’re part of my Patreon page, Swirl Soup is an upcoming design we’re going to learn as part of the swirl intensive!)
And now just some more pictures 😀
And, some pictures of the back
That’s it for now! I’ve got another post (about my Dixon Quilt) coming super soon!